Home of the Jack Rabbits!
The L&S team was responsible for the mechanical and plumbing system designs for this new high school that serves 800 students and includes an open courtyard with two story academic wings on each side.
The academic wings are linked by a central commons area linking the academic wings with the main entry, a full auditorium, main gymnasium, auxiliary gymnasium, locker rooms, kitchen, STEM shop areas.
Per the owner’s request, we worked closely with the architect to locate all of the facility’s mechanical equipment in mechanical rooms or mezzanine mechanical spaces for ease of maintenance and access.
The school was designed to meet the Washington State Sustainable Schools Protocol.
Consultant and Contractor Teammates:
- NAC Electrical (electrical engineering)
- DCI Engineers (structural engineering)
- Parametrix (civil engineering)
- FP Engineering (fire protection)
- Petersen Design Associates (food service)
- PLA Designs (theater)
- MT-LA (landscape)
- Fowler General Contractors
- Apollo Mechanical (plumbing, HVAC wet and dry mechanical contractors)
- SPHC (controls)
- CBRE/Heery (owner representative)